- Mission & Vision
- New to Nar-Anon
- Nar-Anon Websites
- Nar-Anon Forum
- Principles of Nar-Anon
- Member Services
- Board of Trustees
- Newsletter - Serenity Connection
- Service Literature
- World Service Committees
- World Service Conference
Narateen: Is It For You?
Narateen is for young people whose lives have been affected by someone else's drug use. The following twenty questions are to help you decide whether or not Narateen is for you.
- Do you have a parent, close friend, or relative whose drug use upsets you?
- Do you cover up your real feelings by pretending you don't care?
- Does it seem like every holiday is spoiled because of the drugs?
- Do you tell lies to cover up for someone using drugs or what's happening in your home?
- Do you stay out of the house as much as possible because you hate it there?
- Are you afraid to upset someone for fear it will set them off to using drugs?
- Do you feel nobody really loves or cares what happens to you?
- Are you afraid or embarrassed to bring your friends home?
- Do you think the drug user's behavior is caused by you, other members of your family, friends, or tough breaks in life?
- Do you make threats such as, "If you don't stop using, fighting, etc; I'll run away"?
- Do you make promises about behaviors such as, "I'll get better school grades, go to church or keep my room clean", in exchange for a promise that the using and fighting stop?
- Do you feel that if your Mom or Dad loved you, she or he would stop using?
- Do you ever threaten or actually hurt yourself to scare your parents into saying "I'm sorry" or "I love you"?
- Do you believe no one could possibly understand how you feel?
- Do you have money problems because of someone else's using?
- Are meal times frequently delayed because of the user?
- Have you ever considered calling the police because of the user?
- Have you refused dates out of fear of anxiety?
- Do you think if the user stopped using drugs, your problems would be solved?
- Do you ever treat people (teachers, classmates, teammates, etc.) unjustly because you are angry with someone else for using drugs?
If you have answered yes to some of the questions, Narateen may help you.
Questions? Need more Information? Need member or group support?
Contact the World Service Narateen Committee at Narateen@Nar-Anon.org
Narateen and Nar-Anon Members Interested in Narateen Service see Narateen Group Page